Monday, January 2, 2012

Creme Brûlée

For Christmas I received the gift of a Brûlée torch, and so tonight I am making Creme Brûlée, actually a dark chocolate and raspberry Creme Brûlée.

We are going to have these for desert, since I'm making egg rolls stuffed with chicken and vegetables for dinner.
I forgot to take a photo before we ate!! So I only have a photo of the aftermath of what was a very nice meal. It was a little bit fiddly, but worth it because it was quite tasty. I had to find a bottle of "Ketjap Manis", which is a kind of soy sauce. It took me ages to find it, and it turns out it's with all the sauces, not the Asian foods (which I initially thought).

Turns out the Creme Brûlée was awesome!! I'm not sure if I put too much brown sugar on, or if I didn't have the torch hot enough to start with, but it took a while to actually "brûlée" them. Luckily I have two more in the fridge that I can do tomorrow....maybe I should take them to work? But probably not, as there aren't enough to go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment