Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cake Decorating - the final class



This is the finished product of my 5 weeks of Cake Decorating classes. And it's not too bad, even if I do say so myself.


The board was decorated a week ago, and once the icing was quite dry I sketched the Rose and finished it use the Brush Flood Work technique I learnt in Class 3.


The roses were hand made by me using fondant icing and this YouTube tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzp3XfhUpQ4

Then last night we covered our cakes. I actually had to make two cakes! The first one was too short, so I made another one using double the mixture and it still isn't as high as I wanted. But apparently to get it really high you have to stack your cake (in layers).


It was a lot easier to put the icing on the cake than it was to ice the board, but that may have been because we were using a different brand of fondant icing.


I really enjoyed this class however I don't think I'll do another one. This one cost me over $300 and considering I learnt to do the roses using a free YouTube video, I probably should be able to learn to do other things by watching videos or other tutorials online.


People at work ate my cake today and they said it was nice...and no one has since been sick, so I didn't poison anyone!! That's a definite plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment